I was looking for some change in the normal Dal fry. I found this recipe in the Sanjeev Kapoor's Site. I liked touch of milk in the Dal. adding garlic and coriander leaves in the Dal add more flavor in it.
1 cup Arahar or toor dal
1/2 cup milk
1 cup water
2 green chilly
2 tps oil
10-12 garlic chopped
2-3 dry red chilly chopped
1 tps jeera
salt according to taste
1/2 tps turmaric powder
1. Wash Dal properly and put in pressure cooker.
2. add milk, green chilly. add 1 cup water in the dal.
3. let it cook for 2-3 wessles
4. Take another pan. heat the oil
5. add jeera in the oil.
6 now add copped garlic and red chilly
7. when garlic will become brown , mix it in the dal.
8. add little water if nessessary
9. garnish with chopped corriander