Methi is part of kitchens of all Indian. We always like to have them in any form. Methi can be consumed in many ways or we can say that everyone likes Methi in their own way. I am here mentioning some of benefits that we can get with including Methi in our routine; we might not have it daily but having Methi once or twice also can be equally healthy habit.
Some of Major benefits of Methi
Methi helps in maintaining a good metabolism and prevents constipation. It purifies blood and helps in flushing out the harmful toxins
Helps In Losing Weight:
Methi is very effective in losing weight. With the assistance of proper diet and exercise, fenugreek can work wonder on your body. Soak a few Methi seeds in water and chew them in the morning, on an empty stomach. Fibers in Methi fill stomach for longer time even if you will have it little
Good for Women health
Methi also helps attain hormonal balance in women and therefore, helps in enlargement of breasts. It also helps increase the lactation in breast feeding women. Many Places, Methi is important part of diet of pregnant women. It can even reduce labor pain and induce child birth in a woman. Moreover, it reduces the menstrual discomforts and reduces menstrual pains.
Helpful for Diabetes & Reduce Cholesterol
Fenugreek proves to be a very good agent in reducing bad cholesterol from the body. Use of More methi is very useful for Diabetic Person, as it helps in reducing glucose in blood and urine. You can consume it either by incorporating it in your diet or chewing its seeds (after soaking them overnight).
Some of Medicine uses of Methi Leaves
• Anemic patients can consume Methi leaves regularly as they are a rich source of iron.
• Fenugreek leaves paste applied on palms and soles alleviates burning sensation.
• A cup of Methi leaves decoction added to honey and a teaspoon of ginger powder clears the phlegm and cures cough.
• Methi leaves paste applied on swellings, sprains and burns heals them effectively.
• Methi leaves consumed regularly tones your respiratory system, nervous system, reproductive system and neuromuscular system.
• Methi leaves powder significantly increases the antioxidant system in diabetics.
Some of beauty used of methi are
• Fresh Methi leaves paste and coconut milk applied over the scalp is believed to prevent hair-loss, promote hair growth, preserve its natural color, delay graying of hair and make it silky soft.
• A paste of Methi leaves mixed with vinegar is good for treating dandruff.
• A pimple and blackhead prone skin when treated with the paste of Methi leaves and turmeric, improves the skin tone.
• Methi leaves also has anti ageing properties. Make a paste of fenugreek leaves and add boiled milk to it. Applying this to your face delays the appearance of fine lines and face wrinkles. It not only improves the complexion but also makes one look years younger.
I always like to include methi in our diet, at least once a week.I have included some of Methi’s recipes in CookWithPia . Try them . Visit blog regualarly for more methi recipes and include methi in your routine more healthy ways
Palak Methi Ka Sag
More Recipes to come. keep Visiting CookWithPia