Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Methi Sambhar

I have a Kannada Friend in my office. She prepare different South Indian Recipes, I like this recipe that she bring in her box. I asked her for recipe and here I am sharing recipe that I prepared. It was really nice with all nutrition of Methi and Dal

Ingredients

1 cup Methi leaves
1 cup Toor Dal
1tps Mustard seeds
Few curry leaves
1 onion finely chopped
1 tomato finely chopped
½ tps Red chilly powder
½ tps Sambhar powder
Salt according to taste
Imli according to taste
½ cup graded coconut
2-3 tps oil


Method


1. Heat oil in a pan . when oil is hot add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
2. When leaves will start changing its color, add onion , fry till brown.
3. Now add tomato , sauté for 2 mins.
4. Add salt, sambhar masala , chilly and graded coconut. Fry till nice aroma will come
5. Add methi leaves, fry for 1 min
6. Add toor dal, 2 cup of water. Pressure cook for 5 vessels
7. Serve Hot with Rice

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails