1/4 cup sugar
1 cup carrots, shredded
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup milk
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 teaspoon celery seed
2 drops Tabasco sauce
3 Tablespoons dry minced onions
1. Slice the cabbage paper thin, and toss lightly with sugar and shredded carrots.
2. add salt and pepper and pour milk over all. Cover and refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise, buttermilk, celery seed, Tabasco and minced onion.
4. Mix well with cabbage mixture.
5. Refrigerate again at least an hour before serving.