Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ratatouille with zucchini and Red & Yellow Bell Pepper

I had some tori(zucchini) in my refrigerator. My husband doesn't like it much. So I have decided to cook something that can make him eat it. I have got this french Ratatouille recipe on one of the blog. I have adapted it according to things available in my fridge .It was a delicious and different way of eating zucchini


 Ingredients
 3 zucchini
1 medium red bell pepper
1 medium yellow pepper
2 medium tomatoes
1 onion chopped
1 tps black pepper
1 tps oregano
1 tps dried or fresh basil
8-10 garlic clove chopped
2 tps coriander leaves chopped
2 tps olive oil
salt according to taste
Methods
heat 1 tps olive oil. add zucchini to the pan.saute for 3-4 minutes
keep this zucchini aside
heat another 1 tps olive oil in pan. add onion. garlic and bell peppers. saute for 2-3 minutes.
add tomatoes and saute for 2 minutes
add zucchini and mix well.
now add salt, black pepper, oregano, and coriander leaves.
mix well. close the lid of pan and saute in between
let it cook for another 12-15 minutes in low  flame till all vegetable are cooked.

add basil leaves and let it cook for another 2 minutes.
Serve hot with roti or rice

5 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails